Dr. Cowan was a local Dentist whose family occupied the home from approximately 1940 until 1980. Following Dr. Cowan’s death in 1978, Mrs. Cowan remained in the house for a short period and spent her later years in Tyler, until her death in 1987. The marriage produced several children, several of who continue to live in the Mineola area today. This room was occupied by the rambunctious Cowan boys and was the scene of many pillow fights.
The dental chair and memorabilia in the room pays respect to his many years of faithful service to the community (and their teeth of course)!
The Cowan room is located upstairs in the main house and includes;
en suite bathroom
5 ft. claw foot tub
Sounds of nature radio
Receives morning light
Rate is based on double occupancy